CNC Textile Cutting
Are you having issues with the accuracy and repeatability of your textile plies? Is cutting them yourself taking a long time and costing too much? Is your current process resulting in a poor yield with lots of waste? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should speak with us about our CNC Textile Kit Cutting service and learn how it can transform your business today
At Spartec Composites we specialize in high-precision, high-speed processing of a variety of textiles and fabrics. Using our 2 Eastman cutting machines and advanced nesting software, we can process material nests up to 75” wide by 34ft long and can often cut many layers at once.
We use industry leading NestFab nest generation software to ensure that we realize the best possible yields, helping you save money and do more with less. Our engineering team can work from existing CAD drawings, or digitize your physical templates using our FARO Arm or Laser Tracker. We can even come on-site at your facility and help you create optimized digital patterns for new projects.
We have experience processing a variety of fabrics for a number of different industries including all types of fiberglass, carbon fiber, Kevlar, paper, vinyl, peel-ply, nylon, cotton, silk, polyester, wool and much more.
In addition to the immediate cost savings in labour and materials, pre-cut precision textile kits will help increase the speed and efficiency of your downstream operations by ensuring technicians are presented with perfectly trimmed parts that don’t require any fine-tuning. The shapes you design are the ones you’ll receive, which means they will fit into your mold or form with true precision each and every time. We’ve been able to “ditch the scissors”, and we can help your team do the same!
Other benefits to outsourcing Kit Cutting:
- Fixed costs for your textile kits
- Exact fit to tight tolerances
- Reduced airborne particulate from multiple handling operations associated with manual cutting
- Drastically reduced waste due to nesting yields as high as 99% with our advanced software!
- Eliminate cutting related accidents and repetitive stress injuries so common in manual cutting
- Ultra consistent shot sizes when using precision cut fabrics in a closed molding / RTM infusion process
- Reduce floor space required for in-house cutting, and dedicate more of your facility for manufacturing that makes you money!
- Increased quality due to perfectly consistent incoming material
Simply put, our machines are faster, more capable and more accurate than any hand-cutting operation, and they will help you produce better parts for less money in less time! In our next blog post we’re going to present a case study based on one of our customer success stories. In the meantime, feel free to send us an email or give us a call today to speak with a representative about how we can put this exciting new technology to work for your business.